Monday, August 2, 2010

7 Days!

I'm 1/4 of the way through and I have to say it's getting easier. I thought I would die last week from caffeine and sugar withdrawal but it seems I didn't. What I have discovered is that I don't need them. I think I was mostly using them as filler like a smoker wastes time smoking. And to make it worse, I was conditioning myself to always be consuming something. I am hoping that by the end of this I will not only have kicked my coffee and pop habit but also the need to consume.

I have made a few mistakes (we can call them accidental cheats: ordered a diet coke and lime at a pub without thinking, never knew decaffeinated coffee still has some caffeine and drank diet Lipton Green Tea without checking, it does have a little caffeine as well). Now that I know this, I will avoid those items and be more diligent in the future. I think I've been eating too much fruit as well. Now, fruit is not refined sugar but in excess it kind of defeats the point of not having sugar.

Here is a question I am wrestling with: Should I drink 0 caffeine pop like Fresca, Diet Sprite and Diet Root Beer? They don't have any caffeine naturally but I'm trying to kick my pop habit. Just substituting no caffeine pop for regular pop won't help me get out of that habit. I'm torn I guess. On one hand it would be nice to have a nice cold pop after work but then I will have less water. I think for the sake of this challenge I will say no, then revisit the idea later.

This week is a big week for exercise (so far, a little lacking). I am doing something almost every day between running, tennis and circuit training. I think if I can get the lined up I will be very ahead of the game. It's funny, I really love athletics but I get in this lazy state where I don't want to do the preparation for it. Once I am out there, I really love it. I think I need structure. I think I will make a calendar where I map out what I will do one what days, that way it's less random and hodge podge. Ok, I don't know if anyone is reading this other than Lara and myself but here I am workin it anyway. Cheers

1 comment:

  1. Drink fresh fruit juice or the frozen fruit drinks or make your own flavored water with fruit. It's worth a try, at least. Heck, even go with fruit smoothies with a few tablespoons of yogurt, maybe!
    http://www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/other-recipes/quick-and-easy-flavored-water

    I don't think you should do the 0 caffeine sodas. Still bad for you!

    ReplyDelete